Stress tips for finals week
Here are some tips + tricks for your student.
Unfortunately, a completely stress-free finals week isn't possible. The key is managing it before it manages you! Have your student try these tips:
- Eat right – A balanced diet improves your ability to think clearly, concentrate, and feel energetic and strong when you need it most.
- Get enough sleep – It's easy to fall into the trap of staying up late or pulling all-nighters to study but it's not very helpful. We only function at 50-70% efficiency without adequate sleep.
- Be physically active – Physical activity strengthens our bodies and makes us more resilient.
- Set priorities – Consider each task’s importance and urgency.
- Make time for yourself – Find a relaxation technique or exercise routine that you truly enjoy and benefit from and schedule time for it, especially during finals week. This step is crucial in blowing off steam before you reach the "boiling over" point.
Does your student need help with stress? Student Health & Wellness offers free stress management consultations. Call 319-335-8394 to make an appointment.